Principal Attractions of the city include:
The monument of our national hero �Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeu� placed in �Skanderbeg� square.
National Historic Museum.
The Castle of Dorsi in the surroundings of Peza, which belongs to ancient Illyrian culture.
The Castle of Petrela situated in the south of Tirana, on the right of the main street Tirana�Elbasan.
The Castle of Bashtova built in the late middle age in the 14-th century, when the feudal system appeared in Albania. It is situated in west of Rrogozhina, 3-4 km north from the cast in the Sea of Shkumbin River. It served the Venetians to defend the sea and river wharfages.
The Castle of Preza built from the Turkish after Skanderbeg�s death in 1468. It belongs to the end of 15th century and is situated in the western chain of the hills that surround the field of Tirana that overlook the area of Kruja as a solid area of revolts.
The mosque of Ethem Beu situated in the center of Tirana and built in 1789, as well as the Clock Tower built in 1930. Both these objects are historically well known for the capital city.
The Ministries represent great architectonical values; they were built in 1930 in the period when Albania was a Monarchy and under the government of king Zog. After the German invasion, that means in the aftermath of World War II in 1966, there were built the Palace of Culture and the Theatre of Opera and Ballet, in 1968 it was built the monument of Skanderbeg, in 1981 the National Historic Museum and in 1987, The International Cultural Center,
Gallery of Arts,
Exposition of Popular Culture.
It is always very pleasant to make a promenade in the Grand Park of Tirana, which lies in the southern part of the city and occupies a superficies of 230 hectares. In the centre of this park there is the artificial lake with a superficies of 55 hectares.